Echelon Smart Connect Bike EX3 Max Review
The Echelon Smart Connect EX3 Max is a high-end spin bike designed for home use. With a strong steel frame, a heavy flywheel, and…
Echelon Smart Connect Bike EX3 Max Specs
|Seat type||6-inch seat|
|Programs||Echelon Fit App|
|Weight capacity||300 LBS|
|Dimensions||59" L x 23" W x 53" H|
Why You Should Trust Us
Are you looking for a way to spice up your workouts and get motivated? The Echelon Smart Connect Bike EX3 Max is the perfect bike to get you back on the road to fitness. While this spin bike offers a lot of performance features, the real star of the show is the Echelon Fit App. With this app, you have access to a variety of fun, motivating workouts, including both on-demand and live classes. Plus, you’ll have a virtual personal trainer right in your home to keep your training on point. Using your smartphone or tablet, you can also monitor your performance stats (speed, distance, calories burned, etc.) through the app.
Now, let’s look at the performance factors of this bike. The Echelon EX3 Max is definitely built to last with a strong steel frame, making it stable and sturdy during intense training. It also includes a heavy, 33-pound flywheel to give you a smooth, quiet ride. With 32 levels of resistance, anyone can hop on and get a calorie-torching workout, and the adjustable seat and handlebars accommodate riders of all heights. New on this model is the larger, competition style seat, which keeps you comfortable through longer rides. And lastly, the sturdy aluminum pedals allow for regular shoes or clip-in cycling shoes for the serious cyclist.
While there’s no console on this bike, there is a bracket for mounting your tablet, along with a USB port to keep your devices charged and ready. Other features include Bluetooth speakers and water bottle holders (which can also hold weights).
- Personal Training Experience: With the Echelon Fit App, you have a virtual library of workouts with your own personal trainer. Choose from live or on-demand classes to get you motivated and pump up the energy during your ride. And with the Extra Mile upgrade, you can add in programs like yoga, Pilates, and meditation for a fully-rounded fitness experience. The app also allows you to monitor all your performance stats (calories burned, speed, distance, etc.).
- Comfortable Seat: The 6” competition style seat is larger than average and padded for extra comfort during longer rides. It’s also adjustable in four directions, so you can customize your comfort.
- Multi-position Handlebars: Adjust the handlebars to fit any rider. Diversify your training by changing the handlebar position to allow you to stand up or lean forward.
- Heavy Flywheel: The heavy 33-pound flywheel makes for a quiet, smooth ride, no matter the intensity. And for a more challenging ride, choose from 32 levels of magnetic resistance.
- Sturdy, Durable Frame: The solid-steel frame makes the bike sturdy and perfect for heavy use.
- Modern Look: With a powder coat finish, the Echelon EX3 has a fresh, modern look and comes in two color combinations. Or choose the all black special edition bike.
- Versatile Pedals: The aluminum pedals are multi-functional – you can use them with regular shoes or with clip-in cycling shoes.
- Compact Size: An important factor when choosing an in-home exercise bike (or any fitness equipment) is the size. This bike has a relatively small footprint that fits easily into most spaces.
- Lack of Programs: This bike does not include any pre-programmed workouts or a console (use of the Echelon Fit App requires a smartphone or tablet). Without a subscription to the Echelon Fit App, you won’t be able to track even the basic performance stats, so functionality is limited without this added cost.
- Customer Service: Many users report that the customer service could be improved, as their response time is unreasonably slow.
- Warranty: The warranty that comes with the Echelon EX3 bike is only for one year, which is on the weak side. However, there is an option to buy an extended warranty.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE ECHELON SMART CONNECT BIKE EX3 MAX?
The Echelon EX3 Max is made for intense spinning workouts. The heavy-duty frame and heavy flywheel support regular high-intensity exercise and can accommodate users up to 300 pounds. With the Echelon Fit App, anyone can choose a workout session tailored to their individual fitness level and experience.
However, the Echelon bike is best for those who have the budget to pay for both the bike and the monthly subscription to the app. Without the app, functionality is very limited.
The Bottom Line
The Echelon EX3 Max is a well-made, versatile spin bike that’s great for any fitness level. It adjusts to fit users of all heights, and with the Echelon Fit App, you get plenty of great workouts to satisfy any rider. Plus, the app’s extensive collection of workouts keeps things fresh and new, while the personal training options help you stay motivated.
The app does have some bugs to work out, and you should also consider the overall cost, which includes both the bike and the monthly subscription. But once the Echelon EX3 Max is in your home, you’ll love hopping on for a challenging workout – and you’ll never have to ride alone!