NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle Review
This is a fantastic bike for delivering a top notch workout to those who put in the time. With so much variety in programming…
NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle Specs
|Console display||14” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Seat type||Padded and adjustable|
|Weight capacity||350 Lbs|
|Dimensions||55.75” L x 22” W x 61” H|
Why You Should Trust Us
If you’re after a quality bike that offers a number of excellent features to make your ride more enjoyable, you are going to love what the NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle has to offer. Moreover, the S15i now comes effectively free when customers purchase a four-year family membership with the iFit workout package.
This bike is built to last with a sturdy, durable frame and an inertia enhanced flywheel. This will help ensure that no matter what workout you have planned, you’ll get a smooth ride the full way through.
The S15i also features a 14 inch Smart HD Touchscreen, which will give you the maximum viewing experience as you watch live streamed workouts or use the Google Maps feature to take your workout around the world.
You’ll also get 20% incline and -10% decline capability on this bike, which is going to be ideal for anyone who’s looking to one-up their workouts and take them to the next level. This incline/decline option is rare among bikes, particularly since it works in conjunct with the iFit program’s remote trainers.
The 2022 model also features Bluetooth headphones and heart rate capability, meaning users can better utilize their workout apps while maintaining a check on their cardio.
It comes equipped with one-touch controls as well, which will make it easy to toggle between resistance levels or inclines, ensuring that you never lose that flow as you go about your workout session.
NordicTrack built this bike to be as silent as possible as well, so you can ride in confidence that no one around you is going to be hearing you do your workout, giving you the freedom to exercise at any point during the day.
- Free bike with 4-Year Membership. Normally you’d have to buy the bike and then pay $39 per month to have the iFit app. But now customers simply sign up for four years of the program at a cost of $1,872 and the bike comes with. And iFit will deliver. This app gives you all that you need in a workout program and will help assist you no matter what your goals happen to be.
- Add Excitement To Your Workout Session. In addition to the classes that come with iFit, another great benefit is that you’ll also get the Google Maps feature, which lets you ride anywhere you like in the world. Just pick your spot and you can watch the scenery around you on the screen.
- Cross Training Abilities. While cardio is great for good health, you can also use this bike to help strengthen your muscles as well. Once you get off the bike, simply turn the screen and follow one of the many weight lifting sessions included with your iFit membership.
- 14” Smart HD Touchscreen. You’ll be in heaven when you watch your streamed workouts on this large monitor screen. This comes in especially helpful when you are using Google Maps to take your workouts across the world. This screen also swivels so you can easily tilt it away from the bike if you are looking to do some cross training exercises.
- High Level Resistance. You’ll have no shortage of challenge opportunities with this bike. It comes with 22 digital levels of resistance, which means you can quickly adjust as you go about your workout when you need extra challenge. This makes this an ideal investment for someone who is both a beginner as well as an intermediate trainee.
- One Touch Controls. Your fingers never have to leave the handlebars. Hit the simple one touch controls and never skip a beat in your workout session.
- Ultra Quiet Design. Worried about disturbing your family as you ride? Don’t be. This bike is incredibly quiet – so quiet you’ll hardly even know it’s running.
- Excellent Weight Capacity. At a 350 lb. weight capacity, virtually no one is excluded from using this bike. With such a high weight capacity, you can feel confident that it’s built to last.
- One Year Labor Warranty. The labor warranty on this bike is relatively low at just one year. While this is fairly ‘standard’ in the industry for many pieces of exercise equipment, it’s a shame because if something should go wrong after that first year, you will be on the hook to pay labor costs.
- iFit-Specific. While iFit is great, the bike’s screen doesn’t work with other programs. The bike itself can work without iFit, but you’re now locked into a four-year commitment.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE NORDICTRACK COMMERCIAL S15i STUDIO CYCLE?
There really isn’t a single person who this bike isn’t well suited for. Because of it’s wide range of resistance levels and the high user weight capacity, pretty much everyone can benefit from what it has to offer.
Beginner, advanced, young, old, female or male, you can find yourself at home with this Studio Cycle. And the fact that NordicTrack is effectively giving you bike in exchange for the iFit commitment makes an excellent selling point.
The Bottom Line
The NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle fantastic bike for delivering a top notch workout to those who put in the time. With so much variety in programming with the many resistance levels as well as the incline and decline feature, you simply can’t go wrong with it.
It’s a bike that’s built for both longevity as well as comfort, so you’ll find yourself right at home when using it.
Those who are hoping to maximize their training will also really love the added iFit feature as it’ll sure you never get bored and can continue making progress at all times.
What’s Changed for This Year
Each year, manufacturers upgrade their line with new goodies. Larger screens and upgrades to the tech are most common additions. It can be a bit confusing to the consumer if shopping about the websites. Below are the new upgrades to the NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle.
New for 2021
- Faster Wi-Fi Connectivity: This year’s upgrades include dual 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity. Although designed to augment the iFit experience, the faster connectivity works for a multitude of benefits.
- Bluetooth Headphone Connectivity: Another new upgrade is the ability to list to the iFit trainer, or any other form of entertainment, by way of Bluetooth headphones.
- New mobile app: An upgraded iFit mobile app has been developed and now comes with the package.
- Enhanced tech: The 2021 model comes with an enhanced series of automatic trainer controls when used with iFit.
- Improved graphics: The 14-inch HD screen has been augmented with an improved graphics package and processor cooling.