ProForm Studio Bike Pro Review
Featuring a 10” HD screen with an iFit connection for pro coaching, the ProForm Studio Pro Exercise Bike is among the most motivating fitness…
ProForm Studio Bike Pro Specs
|Console display||10" Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Resistance||20% incline, 20% decline|
|Seat type||Sit Down and Settle In|
|Weight capacity||350 LBS|
|Dimensions||64.75" L x 25" W x 59.25" H|
Why You Should Trust Us
The Studio Bike Pro is a mid-priced exercise bike that manages to give you a fair amount of bang for your buck. It’s sturdy and includes leveling feet, which are useful when you’re really pushing yourself during a hard ride—there are 22 levels of resistance—especially if it’s on uneven flooring.
It combines good engineering with useful tech thanks a series of features like iFit Coach, dual 2″ speakers so you can blast your tunes to motivate yourself during a workout, adjustable seating, multi-position handlebars and smooth magnetic resistance.
Additional perks of choosing this bike are listed below. We raise a few potential downsides too, but all in all the Studio Bike Pro could keep most riders challenged and motivated for years.
- 10” Touchscreen with Swivel: A 10” touchscreen with HD display is built into the indoor cycle for convenient access to streaming virtual workouts, which you can access on-demand with iFit. SmartSwivel™ Design for the screen lets you watch exercise classes from either side of the bike.
- iFit Coach: Studio bikes are sold with one-year memberships to iFit® Coach. With your membership you get personalized, adaptive coaching in the areas of exercise and other activity, nutrition and sleep as well as access to virtual classes, personalized workouts and more. There is even live resistance control, so when your trainer turns up their resistance or goes up a hill, you can feel it on your bike.
- Audio Port: Plug in whatever device you use to listen to music and you can really jam out while you pedal thanks to the dual 2″ speakers on the bike.
- Upper Body Exercise: The ProForm Studio bike makes it easy to train your whole body at once. The Studio Bike Pro is packaged with 3-lb weights for upper body strengthening during your rides or off-the-bike exercise. Dumbbell holders are attached to the bike for convenience.
- Frictionless Resistance: Studio bikes use patented Silent Magnetic Resistance. Unlike the audible contact braking and chains on some other indoor cycles, magnetic resistance lets you adjust your training intensity without making your ride louder.
- Comfortable Seating: To ensure comfortable seating the Studio bike saddle is padded and has adjustable positioning (forward/backward, up/down) to suit riders of different heights. The seat also has a universal stem so it’s interchangeable with standard bike seats for a custom fit.
- Two Pedal Choices: Like the bike seat, the ProForm Studio Bike Pro pedals are interchangeable. The included pedals give you a choice of toe clips and toe straps.
- Adjustable Handlebars: The handlebars are adjustable vertically and horizontally. They can rotate to support an upright position or a more aggressive drop position.
- Water Bottle Holder: To make hydration convenient a bottle holder is integrated with the bike frame.
- Decent Weight Capacity: ProForm Studio exercise bikes can hold up to 250 pounds.
- Easy to Move: Transport wheels and levelers are included, making it easy to move your fitness machine and use it safely on imperfect ground.
- Warranty: The warranty is satisfactory for the bike’s sale price. It provides lifetime coverage for the frame, three years for parts and one year for labor.
- High-Tech: If you aren’t comfortable with computers, this might not be the best exercise bike for you. Learning to use all the features might take some patience.
- Smaller Screen: The 10” touchscreen delivers beautiful full-color views, but it’s not as engaging when set alongside bikes that include larger screens.
- Extra Cost: iFit Coach Plus helps make the most of this bike. To help get you hooked on the personal training and other features, ProForm starts you off with a year-long subscription. After that, you’ll have to pay for your iFit membership, which can add up.
WHO SHOULD RIDE THE PROFORM STUDIO PRO INDOOR CYCLE?
The Studio Pro is built to fit almost any body size; the handlebars, seat, pedals and resistance can all be adjusted. It’s ideal for trainees who will take advantage of personalized coaching and on-demand studio classes. This model is best for workout goals of weight management, muscle toning and cardiovascular health.
The Bottom Line
The Studio Pro Exercise Bike is a very appealing mid-priced option for home gyms. The bike has comfortable seating, is built to fit teens and adults of many sizes and strengths, and is protected with a three-year parts warranty. The iFit membership lets you experience a world-class gym environment and delivers everything from tailored recipe suggestions to customized outdoor tours. Not a bad deal!